Immigration Services

If you live outside of San Francisco or Alameda County, LSC may not be able to represent you.  You can find other organizations nationwide that provide free or low-cost immigration representation on the Immigration Advocates Network:

You can also find a list of some organizations that provide free or low-cost immigration representation for immigration court in California:

Click here for a Bay Area/Northern California Immigration Legal Service Providers referral sheet.

Other Helpful Resources for Immigration Relief Options

Special Immigrant Juvenile Status (SIJS):

This is a webpage by US Citizenship and Immigration Services, the part of the government that approves SIJS applications.  It includes official information about Special Immigrant Juvenile Status, including the qualifications, the application process, and data about how many SIJS applications have been approved or denied.

This is a webpage by the California courts explaining what SIJS is and how children and families can apply for the state court order they need in order to apply for SIJS with USCIS.  It has information about how to find an attorney to get that order in state court if you do not already have one.

U Visa:

The Immigration Center for Women and Children has made a video about U visas and the application process (the video is in Spanish):

For more information, look at the USCIS webpage

T Visa:

The website linked below has information about T visas, and was created by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, the branch of government that grants these visas:

Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA):

If you were a student in the San Francisco Unified School District and need to request a copy of your school records for your DACA application, you can do so through this website:

Information about San Francisco’s DreamSF program is available here:

Information about DACA from U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (including the application process, FAQs, and data on numbers of DACA applications filed, granted, and denied) are available at:

Some great organizations that Dreamers and other undocumented youth may wish to be a part of include: – the largest immigrant youth-led organization in the nation. They organize and advocate for the dignity and fair treatment of immigrant youth and families, regardless of immigration status. – a nonprofit based in San Francisco whose mission is empowering undocumented young people in their pursuit of college, career, and citizenship

If you are 21 or older and live, go to school, or work in San Francisco, you can contact one of our DreamSF partner agencies.  Their contact information is available at

If you are not a San Francisco resident, you can find information about other organizations across California and the rest of the country who are providing free or low-cost representation at


If you cannot find nonprofit agencies to help with immigrant or non-immigrant visas, you should contact your local bar association attorney referral line so that they can refer you to a private immigration attorney. In San Francisco, you can call the Bar Association of San Francisco; their number is 415-989-1616.